The unique mushroom-like design with the green roof on top of the brown sided walls is eyecatching. The area that rich nature has been left, surrounding by countryside. Residential buildings around the station were sold by major manufacturers.
Southern Ibaraki Tsukubamirai
- Approx. 1hour from Ibaraki Airport by car
- Approx. 55mins from Narita Airport by car
- Approx. 1hour 20mins from Haneda Airport by car
A Cessna aircraft use airfield with a 35m wide and 800m long runway that operated since 1965. There are three parking stalls and one office building inside the airfield. Grassland spreads around the runway, and the scenery with a good drop continues. It was the filming location for Japanese dramas “Code Blue”.
Southern Ibaraki Handamachi, Ryugasaki
- Approx. 1hour 10 mins from Ibaraki Airport by car
- Approx. 40mins from Narita Airport by car
- Approx. 1hour 35mins from Haneda Airport by car
Ibaraki Airport Terminal
Ibaraki Airport opened on March 11, 2010. The first floor has a check-in counter and departure/arrival gates. The second floor has a pick-up deck, restaurants, retail stores, and sightseeing corners. There are about 1,300 free parking spots in front of the terminal building. It used as a location for Japanese commercials and drama shootings.
Central Ibaraki Yozawa, Omitama
- Approx. 1hour 15mins from Narita Airport by car
- Approx. 1hour 50mins from Haneda Airport by car